As a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers, we pledge to exercise judgment, self-restraint, and conscience in our conduct in order to establish and maintain public confidence in the integrity of NAPO members and to preserve and encourage fair and equitable practices among all who are engaged in the profession of organizing.
- We will serve our clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity, and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
- We will offer services in those areas in which we are qualified and will accurately represent those qualifications in both verbal and written communications
- When unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for services, we will make every effort to recommend the services of other qualified organizers and/or professionals
- We will advertise our services in an honest manner and will represent the organizing profession accurately
- We will keep confidential all client information, both business and personal, including that which may be revealed by other professionals
- We will use proprietary client information only with the client’s permission
- We will keep client information confidential and not use it to benefit myself or my firm, or reveal this information to others
- We will decide independently and communicate to our clients in advance the fees and expenses, and will charge fees and expenses which we deem reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with our experience, the services we deliver, and the responsibility we accept
- We will make recommendations for products and services with our clients' best interests in mind